NAICS Code 31-33
According to Statistics Canada,
the NAICS Code 31-33 - Manufacturing
Code SCIAN 31-33 - Fabrication - Profil sectoriel
is composed of establishments primarily engaged in
- physical or chemical transformation of materials or substances into new products.
The NAICS Code 31-33 products may be
- finished, in the sense that they are ready to be used or consumed
- semi-finished, in the sense of becoming a raw material for an establishment to use in further manufacturing.
Related activities such as the
- assembly of the component parts of manufactured goods
- blending of materials
- finishing of manufactured products by dyeing, heat-treating, plating and similar operations
are also treated as manufacturing activities.
Manufacturing establishments are known by a variety of trade designations, such as plants, factories or mills.
NAICS Code 31-33 by Rachel Louise Barry - August 2015
Montreal Business Kit by Rachel Louise Barry